Audrey Rose Wadsworth is a seventeen-year-old girl who loves dissection. Her uncle is a coroner and has agreed to teach Miss Wadsworth everything she wants to know. Enter Jack the Ripper. Audrey and her uncle are working to solve the case using early forensics, but soon her uncle is imprisoned as a suspect, and she is left to solve the mystery. All the pieces point to people she loves, but who is Jack the Ripper?
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate. If you click on a link and decide to buy something I will get pennies for referring you. This in no way changes the price for you. It just helps me make a bit for doing what I love.
Overall: PG-13 For graphic images
Violence: PG-13 For graphic images and detailed dissections
Adult Content: PG Mild innuendos
Reading Level: Grade 7 – Adult
Next Books to Read
The next book in the series is Hunting Prince Dracula where Wadsworth finds herself in Transylvania. Another book you might like is The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
A Modern Parents' Guide to Nursery Rhymes
Because it’s two o'clock in the morning and you can’t remember “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”
Once upon a time, every parent knew Little Jack Horner, Wee Willie Winkie, and Little Miss Muffet. Now you will, too, with this crash course on timeless pleasures of Mother Goose and beyond. It features more than 70 poems, lullabies, rounds, and riddles, from classics like “Hey Diddle Diddle,” to newer songs like “The Wheels on the Bus,” too wonderful non-English versus including “Pío, Pío, Pío,” the sweet yet dramatic Chilean ditty about chickens. Plus, exactly how to perform the intricate finger ballet known as “Itsy Bitsy Spider.” Includes downloadable recordings.
- Number of pages
- Publication date
- March 29, 2022
Jack Parent Guide
Movies that are touted as family films come under my most intense scrutiny, and Jack left me wondering if the promotion writers that wrote the advertisements for Jack ever got around to seeing the film.
For most of this movie, Jack (Robin Williams) is a ten year old boy with a curious problem—he ages at four times the normal rate. Born after a two month pregnancy, Jack is speeding through life at a rate that will put him into old age security before his senior high prom. For the most part, we get to see Jack handle grade five, as he is placed in a public school for the first time at the request of his tutor, Mr. Woodruff (Bill Cosby).
At this point the movie has two choices. Go for the adult version where Jack has a mid-life crisis on the playground (he almost has a heart attack) or the kid version where Jack does funny slapstick sillies. Unfortunately, the script splits and tries both paths at once. One moment Jack is falling on the floor with his little desk collapsing around him, the next he is in a bar having a discussion about sexual problems and trying to pick up his classmate’s mom (Fran Drescher).
The irony of Jack is that Williams spends the movie trying to act ten, while the real ten year old children try to be adults. Many movies want us to believe the age of puberty is dropping like a rock, and showing these children salivating over Penthouse magazine only adds to this falsehood. Later, their attractive teacher asks what they want to be when they grow up and one boy responds “a gynecologist.”
With Hollywood powerhouse names like Williams, Cosby, and Francis Ford Coppola directing, it seems impossible to make a movie this bad. The Disney press info claims that Williams spent three weeks on Coppola’s ranch learning how to act like a child, but I think the nearest elementary school would have made a far better training ground.Starring Robin Williams, Diane Lane, Jennifer Lopez, Bill Cosby, Tom Bosley. Running time: 113 minutes. Theatrical release September 9, 1996. Updated May 2, 2009
Rod Gustafson has worked in various media industries since 1977. He founded Parent Previews in 1993, and today continues to write and broadcast the reviews in newspapers, on radio and (of course) on the Internet. His efforts also include writing and researching media in all its forms and observing how it effects society and culture. He and his wife Donna have four children.
Sex & Nudity
- There is a scene where the mother is on the phone with father working away from home , while this scene happens when they jump to where the father is ,he is shooting woman in very revealing open tops and short shorts . In the beginning you can see through one of the characters costumes.
- The children ask Jack about adult magazines, and eventually have Jack buy 'Hustler' for them. The children look through the magazine in their club house, making comments and conversation about erections.
- While with a woman in a bar, Jack sees a man groping a woman's butt and proceeds to mimic the man.
- During the opening costume sequence, a person is wearing a pig costume with the front of the torso lined with breasts.
Add an item
Violence & Gore
- A fight breaks out in a nightclub.
Add an item
- There is some profanity but very little for PG-13.
- 3 uses of "ass", 1 use of "bitch", 1 use of "damn", 2 uses of "hell", & around 14 religious exclamations. The word "shit" is used a couple times in a song called "Star" by Bryan Adams. Definitely below PG-13 level
- Nothing noteworthy.
Add an item
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A few people are smoking at a nightclub.
- Jack goes to a bar and has a few shots of alcohol. It's a minor getting drunk, but it's okay because he looks like Robin Williams
- During the opening costume sequence, a couple characters are dressed as a martini and a pack of cigarettes.
Add an item
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Nothing frightening in the movie, but some people might find the opening birth scene to be intense.
- Jack has an episode of angina (chest pains) and collapses down the stairs and is in pain. This may be scary to younger kids who don't understand what's happening.
- A large amount of weight causes a treehouse (with seven people inside) to come crashing down.
Add an item
Guide jack parents
Maybe I will. Oh, you. This conversation could go on forever, but I had to get ready, but my mother did not retreat, but she kept weights and weights. Almost breaking into hysterics. Some kind of tin.Born of Hope - Full Movie - Original
It turned out to be a simple male vacuum massager. Vaseline directed it directly to the perineum and, squeezing out the air, sucked it to the place where the clitoris is located in the center. A pink cloud with a lush bulge entered the narrow cylinder, filling all its space. CC gasped in surprise.
- Park photoshoot poses
- Pig fabric joann
- Ms261 vs ms271
- Decorative wooden urns
- Zillow powers oregon
- Gym in alabaster
Artyom hesitated for a couple of seconds, but absorbing all his strength into a fist he said: I'll show her Mask. You do not mind?" Your friend wants to see me naked having sex. Natalya asked directly.