Car Rental Maryland
As you get in your Maryland rental car and turn the key, you have an almost unlimited number of routes open to you. Whether you want to soak in some urban ambiance in Annapolis and Baltimore or explore sleepy coastal towns on the East Shore, Maryland has something for every traveler. There's also no shortage of history in this state, from Civil War battlegrounds to spots that were once on the Underground Railroad.
If you're a history buff, you're in luck in Maryland. The state's scenic byways include several trails that allow you to follow significant events of the Civil War in your Maryland rental car. The routes follow battle history, of course, as well as the path of John Wilkes Booth as he attempted to evade capture after assassinating President Abraham Lincoln. Along the byways, you'll see bugle signs that lead to exhibits about life for Civil War soldiers and civilians in Maryland. Other byway trails concentrate on the Underground Railroad, religious freedom in the state and more. Your road trip can double as a history lesson with these abundant and beautiful routes.
Historic Route One runs right through Maryland and through Baltimore, putting you in exactly the right place to experience some of the best attractions the city has to offer. Make sure to stop by Fort McHenry, where Francis Scott Key wrote "The Star-Spangled Banner." Enjoy a trip to the Inner Harbor, where there are dining and entertainment options galore, or to Camden Yard, where you can take in an Orioles game. Route One will also take you near Baltimore museums: the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center and the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum. Maryland's Eastern Shore is a place you will love exploring it your Maryland rental car.
Book a car rental in Maryland
How can I get a cheap car rental in Maryland?
Avoid paying a fortune for a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Our nifty filter tool will soon be your new best friend. Size up the hottest deals from all over the web with just a few clicks;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the unbeatable deals for your desired location;
- Before you pick up your keys and jump behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're bagging the best deal around;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best rates;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Some rental outlets offer discounts if you pay in advance, so watch out for these kinds of deals;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the best deals! Book now to secure some excellent savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Maryland?
Bigger isn't always better, and that's true in the case of your wheels. In Maryland, compact cars are the most commonly booked rental vehicle for loads of reasons. More gas to the gallon, better handling, and ease of parking are just the tip of the iceberg! If you have plans to cruise around Washington or Baltimore, choose something that's chic and compact.
From rolling hills to coastal plains and sandy shores, Maryland has some idyllic natural areas. Why not venture out and drive around a few of them? Leave the city behind and embark on some fun excursions. An SUV is a perfect fit for those longer drives. With an ability to deal with every type of road, these bigger vehicles make it a snap to detour from the beaten track.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Maryland?
For some of us, owning a high-end vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting the car of your dreams can easily be a reality! Picture yourself cruising down the highway in a swanky convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or maybe you're just after a trusty set of wheels to get you quickly and safely from A to B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you decide, there's a rental car to suit your style in Maryland.
The Next Big Thing in Car Rental
Since 2003, NextCar has been the largest locally owned and operated car rental company in the Mid Atlantic region of the US. Our corporate owned locations and staff span the area from Capital Dome of Annapolis to the ballparks and attractions in downtown Baltimore and its suburbs in the north and west, from the rolling hills of Frederick through the busy suburbs of Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia.
In 2017, NextCar began franchising as part of the NP Franchise Group family of car rental companies, and we are very proud to now have locations in major airport markets like LAX and Orlando, and have set our sites on firther US and international expansion.
We like to think of NextCar as our customer's best choice for their 'Next Car', whether that NextCar is a brief rental for only for a day or two, or for a longer term rental need. Whatever the need, Nextcar is your source of quality rental vehicles at lower rates. We truly value our customers and take pride in providing them with great service. Trust your next rental to your hometown team!
NextCar is a proud supporter of the Yellow Ribbon Fund, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Fitzgerald Automotive family of companies. Fitzgerald Auto Group has been recognized by the National Capital Business Group’s Ethics Award for 2011, by the National Safe Kids Foundation for their work with child safety seat installation, and by the Environmental Protection Agency’s Leadership Club as a Green Power Partner.
Car Rental in Maryland
Car Rental in Maryland: driving “America in Miniature”
Bordered on the east by the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay—the world’s third largest estuary—and on the west by the Appalachian Mountains, Maryland is an excellent destination for lovers of all forms of the outdoors—as well as urban aficionados and US-history buffs! Indeed, some call Maryland “America in Miniature” for its comprehensive range of landscape and mixture of the rural with the urban. While the state’s major cities of Baltimore, Annapolis, and Salisbury have plenty to offer their visitors, don’t miss out on the best of Maryland by being stuck in a city. Automobile hire is the most convenient and inexpensive way to get the most out of your visit to Maryland!
Maryland is a great place to visit any time of the year, though you can expect a good deal of snowfall and extreme cold in December and January. Maryland receives its most visitors during Spring Break season, July, and August.
The native language of the United States is English and the currency is the US dollar. Currency exchange is highly available at airports and popular tourist destinations, and credit cards are accepted at the vast majority of businesses.
Most international travelers will fly directly to Baltimore via the Baltimore-Washington International Airport, though you can also fly into nearby airports located just over the border in Virginia. Renting a car is convenient throughout Baltimore and throughout the state, particularly in any city or town along Interstate 95. If you’re planning on driving outside of the city after arriving, book your car to be picked up directly at the Baltimore-Washington Airport.
Baltimore’s renowned Inner Harbor is located just 20 minutes away from the Baltimore-Washington Airport by car. Historic Annapolis is just 30 minutes from the airport. A visit to Cumberland in the Allegheny Mountains is also highly recommended during your stay in this small but sumptuous state; located 2 hours from the airport, the drive to historic Cumberland is as much a joy as your arrival there!
Driving in Maryland
With wide roads, plentiful parking opportunities, and an incredible array of landscapes, any visit to Maryland is improved by automobile hire. Get your most intimate with this historically significant state by renting a car; your drive from landscape to landscape and city to city is guaranteed to be as enjoyable as the activities you enjoy once you arrive!
- Traffic proceeds on the right-hand side of the road in Maryland.
- Unless otherwise marked, after coming to a full stop at a red light, you can turn right from the right lane if there is no oncoming traffic.
Typical Speed Limits
- In cities and residential areas: 30 miles per hour (circa 50 km/h)
- In school zones (sometimes just during school hours; signs will demarcate when school hour speed zones are in effect): 20 miles per hour (circa 30 km/h)
- On urban highways: 55 miles per hour (circa 90 km/h)
- On rural highways: 65 miles per hour (circa 105 km/h)
- Traffic in major Maryland cities will be especially bad in the hours around 8am and 5pm.
- Parking in most Maryland cities will be regulated by time and fee, though it certainly is available, and parking garages are particularly easy to find, especially in Baltimore.
- You can drive on your domestic driver’s license for up to 30 days in Maryland. An international driver’s license will be valid for one full year.
- There are numerous tolled expressways, bridges, and connectors throughout Maryland, particularly along Interstate 95, which follows the eastern coastline through Maryland, connecting Baltimore to Philadelphia in the north and Washington, DC in the south.
- While the minimum driving age in Maryland is 16, you will have to be at least 21 years of age to rent a car. Drivers under 25 are likely to be charged extra.
- 38 nationalities can enter the United States as tourists without applying for a visa, though if you are among these nationalities, you are still required to fill out the ESTA in advance. Visit esta.us for more information. Everyone who enters the United States will be fingerprinted and biometrically photographed upon entry. If your nationality is not included on the visa-waiver program list, you will be required to apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa in advance of your arrival.
- Particularly because Maryland is a fairly small state, most rental companies in the area allow rental cars to cross state borders. Some fees may apply, however, so be sure to consult your rental company before heading off to Washington DC, Virginia, or Pennsylvania! If you’re headed into the Appalachians – which is highly recommended – be on the lookout for deer and other wildlife crossing the road. Dawn and dusk are particularly dangerous times of the day for wildlife road crossings.
Car md rental
|Compact station wagon||$13/day|
|Intermediate station wagon||$40/day|
|Standard station wagon||$47/day|
|Open air all terrain||$59/day|
|Supplier choice sedan||$74/day|
|Supplier choice SUV||$88/day|
|Supplier choice van||$130/day|
Оренда авто в ділових цілях
Ви збираєтесь у відрядження? Спеціальні корпоративні тарифи на оренду авто від Budget дозволять Вам заощадити, а послуга прокат авто збереже Ваш час. Зверніться до представників Budget автопрокат і отримайте найвигіднішу пропозицію на послуги оренди автомобілів. Спеціальна програма лояльності від Budget стане Вам у нагоді, адже Ви зможете заощаджувати кожного разу коли будете брати авто в прокат.
Прокат автомобілів Budget
Budget пропонує Вам привабливі тарифи на послугу прокат авто в Україні та 128 країнах світу. Оренда авто у Львові – це найкращий шлях дізнатись більше про Золоте кільце Львівщини.. Прокат авто Одеса – це те, що Вам знадобиться, якщо Ви плануєте відвідати столицю гумору. До Ваших послуг 16 груп авто в оренду в Києві, Львові, Одесі. Відчуйте радість вільного пересування та заощаджуйте на послузі оренда авто разом із Budget. Нові авто в оренду приємно здивують Вас.
You will also be interested:
- Texan knives damascus
- Bim james may
- Tire features crossword
- Chrome dot vpn
- Mtg red elf
- Ma 150 casio
- Arrive nutrition center
- Zaful store locations
- Deck bench bracket
- Lexus front plate
Maryland Car Rental
What steps are being taken to clean rental cars?
Each rental vehicle at Enterprise is thoroughly cleaned between every rental and backed with our Complete Clean Pledge. This includes washing, vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitizing with a disinfectant that meets leading health authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20-plus high-touch points. We also extend the Complete Clean Pledge to our shuttles (for airport locations) and neighborhood branches.
What is the current car rental process?
To help protect both customers and employees, we have modified our car rental process. This includes the addition of curbside rentals at our locations to help promote social distancing by getting you quickly on your way while avoiding foot traffic in our locations.
Delivery is also offered at select car rental locations throughout the country. Please contact your rental branch for availability.
Whether you are picking your vehicle up curbside, or if we deliver it to you, we’re committed to maintaining proper distance throughout the process.
Advance Check-In is now available at 100+ U.S locations so you will not need to stop at the rental counter.
Can I modify, extend, or cancel my reservation?
You can modify or cancel your reservation via our website or mobile app. We have extended our existing no-fee cancellation policy to include customers with pre-paid rentals booked directly through us. To extend your car rental, you can click “Call to Extend Your Rental” in our mobile app. You can also call your rental branch or 1-855-266-9565 to extend your reservation.
For more information, please visit our COVID-19 FAQs page.
For additional questions, please visit our main car rental FAQs page.